Saturday 19 January 2013


AWOL…
Sorry I’ve not posted for a couple of week but work has been hectic and I’ve needed to keep away from the computer once I finished work.
So what’s been happening …

Two more power cuts which resulted in hours without power and more digging up of the pavement in the middle of the night. I’m no electrician but I don’t think they know what the problem is and how to fix it.  We now have candles and matches at the ready in the lounge, torches on our bedside cabinets.  To be fair these cuts have been at just before 10pm so we’ve not been that inconvenienced but when they insist on digging the pavement from midnight (always seems to start then – umm may be they are on quadruple time from midnight) until 2.30am that really annoys me.  I don’t function very well without at least 7 hours. Ahhh.

My amaryllis came out yesterday – not a great picture – hope that the other two trumpets will open during this coming week.
 

My crochet blanket is coming on a treat –

 

Not been baking as we are trying to lose weight, not been spending as we are trying to save money, as a result not much money has been added to my sealed pot, although I did get a nice shiny £2 coin in my change today when I bought a new back door mat.

Why won’t blogger allow me to up load photos from my computer in compose mode – its annoying me
 
MummyHen X

 

3 comments:

  1. Love the blanket. Sorry I can't help with the Blogger problem.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure the digging in the early hours would annoy me more than the power cuts too! Love your blanket, those colours work so well together. I can't remember the last time I saw a £2 coin, but we are on a saving regime at the moment too, only problem being that we are refitting the bathroom and there are always hidden extras that need paying for. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are back.......I was beginning to think your illness had got diabolically worse. I hope they sort out your power problem soon, as lack of sleep make me incredibly grouchy, so I feel sorry for you.

    ReplyDelete