Thursday 9 May 2013

Ta dah – crochet baby blanket

On our recent train trip to Penzance I started a baby blanket for a colleague who recently had a baby boy.

Good progress was made on the trip and afterwards – except I ran out of the light blue yarn.

 

I hunted through my stash and no I didn’t have any so – do I buy 1 ball on the internet and pay £1.79 for the yarn and £2.25 for the P&P.  I wasn’t going to buy a load of yarn to get free P&P or pay over the odds on certain auction sites. 

I then found to my amazement that the school outfitters, less than 2 miles away that also has a small wool and haberdashery section, sells Stylecraft Special DK – I was so pleased.  It’s slightly more expensive per 100g at £2.15, than I pay online but I can just go to the local shops and pick up a ball, support a local retailer, have the yarn straight away, have a hooky natter to shop assistant.
 


They came to my rescue and over the holiday weekend and I finished a lovely blue gingham baby blanket for baby Joe.
 
 

MummyHen X

2 comments: